Flynn, Py & Kruse
“...Service based on traditional values combined with contemporary thinking...�


When it comes to planning for the care of elderly relatives, you have a few different options. You likely will not be able to provide full time care, which means you will need to find help. You can put your relative in a nursing home or you may have the option of using PASSPORT.  The Ohio Department of Aging explains PASSPORT is a program designed to help elderly people stay in their own homes through providing professional health care services.

Your relative may qualify for PASSPORT, which is a Medicaid waiver program, if he or she is eligible for Medicaid. This requires coming in under income limits, which currently are having $2,000 or less in assets and making under $2,205 in income per month. In addition, he or she must be at least 60 years old and require nursing care but be approved by a doctor to live at home. Finally, the costs of providing care in the home cannot be more than 60 percent what the costs of nursing home care would be. It is important to note that your relative's assets may be taken to pay for expenses under the program.

To get your relative started with PASSPORT, he or she must first go through a telephone interview. Then, he or she is assigned a case worker who will plan the details of the home care and monitor care throughout the time your relative is part of the program. While this information should not be taken as legal advice, it can help you understand the process and what to expect.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Sandusky Office
165 East Washington Row
Sandusky, OH 44870

Phone: 419-504-0052
Phone: 419-625-8324
Fax: 419-625-9007
Sandusky Law Office Map

Port Clinton Office
115 West Perry Street
Port Clinton, OH 43452

Phone: 419-504-0052
Phone: 419-734-3174
Fax: 419-734-3175
Port Clinton Law Office Map

165 East Washington Row Sandusky OH 44870
115 West Perry Street Port Clinton OH 43452
To schedule a consultation with a lawyer regarding your legal matter, call Flynn, Py & Kruse at 419-625-8324 or contact the firm using the contact form below.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy