Flynn, Py & Kruse
“...Service based on traditional values combined with contemporary thinking...�

care planning Archives

What are your rights when you are receiving in-home care?

After discussing your options with family members, you have decided that pursuing in-home health care is the right alternative for you. You are excited about the possibility of having someone come to your home in Ohio to assist you with everyday needs from planning appointments and coordinating medical care, to taking a shower and organizing your finances. However, it is important that you understand what your rights are as a patient receiving home-health assistance. 

Protect your disabled child with a special needs trust

If you are the Ohio parent of a special needs child or adult, you have unique estate planning needs that probably differ broadly from those of your friends or family members. In addition to leaving your son or daughter assets you have worked hard to secure in your life, you must also consider factors such as who is to care for your child once you are no longer able to do so. At Flynn, Py & Kruse, we understand the estate planning needs of parents who have disabled children, and we have helped many clients orchestrate solid plans for the future.

How can you benefit from coordinating long-term care needs?

If you have a disabled family member living in Ohio, chances are you have thought considerably about his or her well-being and long-term needs. Depending on the severity of the disability your family member is experiencing, there may be a requirement for intensive hands-on care throughout his or her entire life. Coordinating this care and determining that all needs are met in a timely and effective way requires planning ahead. 

A closer look at why you should consider a healthcare directive

Whether you anticipate retiring in the near future or have just graduated college, it is imperative that you thoughtfully plan your future to be prepared for the unexpected situations that you may face. With a well-written plan in place that addresses all of your needs such as care planning, asset division and healthcare directives, you can confidently go into retirement with the peace of mind that all of your affairs are in order. At Flynn, Py & Kruse, we have helped many people in Ohio to address their life-care planning needs in a customized way. 

When a homeowner needs Medicaid to move to a nursing home

Moving into a nursing home or assisted living facility in Ohio typically means leaving your old home permanently. What happens to your house if you are a Medicaid recipient depends on a number of factors. At Flynn, Py & Kruze, we understand how to address each aspect of home ownership when applying for Medicaid to move to a long-term care facility.

What you should know about eldercare planning

Every year, hundreds of Ohio families seek reliable, compassionate and quality care for their elderly loved ones. While many families do their best to share the responsibility of caring for their aged relatives, often the stress and exhaustion of everyday care can lead to physical and emotional strain. Families who prioritize eldercare planning and have an idea of what their loved one prefers ahead of time, may be able to experience less of the anxiety and concern that is often prevalent when trying to establish a care plan when it is needed most.

What should you know when seeking home health care?

If you have elderly loved ones in Ohio, you may know that the process of finding appropriate health care for elderly loved ones is undertaken with immense thought and careful planning. With so many options available to choose from, it is imperative that you weigh each and select your choice based on your loved one's needs, physical limitations and comfort. If you are considering home health care, your efforts to understand what to look for can help you to make a more confident decision that will benefit your family member.


When it comes to planning for the care of elderly relatives, you have a few different options. You likely will not be able to provide full time care, which means you will need to find help. You can put your relative in a nursing home or you may have the option of using PASSPORT.  The Ohio Department of Aging explains PASSPORT is a program designed to help elderly people stay in their own homes through providing professional health care services.

Sandusky Office
165 East Washington Row
Sandusky, OH 44870

Phone: 419-504-0052
Phone: 419-625-8324
Fax: 419-625-9007
Sandusky Law Office Map

Port Clinton Office
115 West Perry Street
Port Clinton, OH 43452

Phone: 419-504-0052
Phone: 419-734-3174
Fax: 419-734-3175
Port Clinton Law Office Map

165 East Washington Row Sandusky OH 44870
115 West Perry Street Port Clinton OH 43452
To schedule a consultation with a lawyer regarding your legal matter, call Flynn, Py & Kruse at 419-625-8324 or contact the firm using the contact form below.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy